[Zope] some confusion on ftp security.

sam gendler sgendler@akamai.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:32:56 -0800

Is there a firewall between you and your zope instance.  If your firewall prevents
inbound connections, then all control commands will work, but data tranfers (retr,
list, etc) will fail, since the ftp server will attempt to connect to you through a
firewall.  Change your ftp client to use passive ftp and everything should work.
Passive ftp allows the client to make the connection for both control and transfer
connections.  Id on't know your client, but most ftp clients are capable fo passive
mode.

--sam