[Zope] How do I force authentication?

Jérôme Loisel jerome@levinux.org
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:49:01 -0500

Hello!

I am building a few Zope websites. These sites live as subfolders of my root
zope install, in which I place common code. Those websites will be
administered by non-technical people, so one of my main coding efforts is
building alternate, easy-to-use admin screens.

I have one snag now. I want a login page which has Zope authenticate
visitors. I don't want to take them to the real admin screens, I just want to
have Zope authenticate them. I initially did this by writing a simple DTML
method, login.html, which is not viewable by anyone with a role other than
anonymous. That worked fine for a while.

That approach fails, however, when the user if defined in an acl_users folder
which is lower in the object hierarchy than the login.html method. And that
is the case for all my sub-site admins.

I have gone around this so far by copying login.html to all subsites... But I
am sure there is a better solution. Can anyone point me in the right
direction? Thanks for listening.

Cheers,

Jérôme Loisel

--
Jérôme Loisel
Lévinux: GNU/Linux dans les communautés à Lévis