[Zope] query [OT]

ghaley@mail.venaca.com ghaley@mail.venaca.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:27:53 -0500 (EST)

hi,

this is rather off topic, but here goes anyway:

you don't indicate that you actually started the mysql daemon.  check to
make sure it is actually running, you can do this with:

	$ ps ax | grep mysql

if your process is running, you should see several processes (it depends
on how many child processes are running with your mysqld).  if you do not
actually find a process, go to /usr/local/mysql/bin/ .  it's best to run
safe_mysqld.  start it in the background, such as:

	$ safe_mysqld &

then you can log off as root and log in as a normal user without killing
the process.

if the process is running and you still cannot connect, well, one would
need more information to figure that one out.

hth.

ciao!
greg.

Gregory Haley