[Zope] CatalogAware & Catalog.

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 07:55:47 -0700

Pattreeya Tanisaro wrote:

> Hello,
>         I would like to know if it is possible to update "only" the new document
> instead of update the whole or update only specific type of object. I have
> tried with CatalogAware (i select CatalogAware as the base-class when I
> create a new type of Zclass.) but I still cannot keep track new document of
> that document type.  I have to update my catalog manually every time I add
> the new document.  From Zope Book about catagolizing content, it should work
> out but it didn't. I guess I did something wrong. When I add the new
> document,  how the Catalogaware work? Besides, I wonder if we can set the
> timer (maybe from the machine or system) for updating catalog automatically?
>
>                                 Thank you in advance for any answer.
>                                                 pattreeya.

CatalogAware looks for a ZCatalog named "Catalog" (with a capital "C").
Make sure the id of your ZCatalog is set to "Catalog" and it is
acquirable by the CatalogAware objects. Therefore it needs to be at or
above the CatalogAware objects in your Zope hierarchy.

A caveat about CatalogAware, it only catalogs objects when the are
created, deleted or moved. When you change their properties they are not
automatically recataloged. To recatalog a CatalogAware object, call its
reindex_object() method.

--