[Zope] Mysql on Windows will not connect

Aaron Held aaron@metrony.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:02:51 -0500

I am trying to setup a Z MySQL Database Connection to hit a local mysql server and keep getting errors.

When I try to login with the following connection string:

varex varex varex

I get this error
Error Type: OperationalError
Error Value: (1045, "Access denied for user: 'varex@localhost' (Using password: YES)")

If I try

varex@10.4.4.78 varex varex

I get this error

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: server_capabilities

I can login either way via the mysql command line.

I can also use the python-mysql adapter from the pyton runtime that came with Zope

D:\Python_Mysql\examples>d:\website\bin\python deirdre.py
Color number 1L is red
Color number 2L is blue
Color number 3L is yellow

I do not know how to test teh Zope Mysql DA outside of Zope.

Anyway I am running
Win98
Zope 2.3.0 (from Zope-2.3.0-win32-x86.exe)
mysql on windows 3.23.28-gamma-debug
ZMySQLDA-2.0.5.tar.gz
MySQL-python-0.3.4.tar.gz

Any pointers on what to do next?

-Aaron
As Isaac Newton would say now:
        If I see further than others, it is because I stand on
        the shoulders of giants too dumb to patent their discoveries.
  (Gregory Palast, http://www.observer.co.uk/ )