[Zope] creating files from external methods (solved)

tom smith tom@othermedia.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 20:14:47 +0000

on 23/3/01 7:14 PM, Dieter Maurer at dieter@handshake.de wrote:

> tom smith writes:
>>     f = open(r'G:\zope\test.txt' , 'w')
>> .... but I
>> can't find the file anywhere...
> Strange. As soon as the "open" is executed, you should
> have a file under "G:\zope\test.txt".

That's what I thought. Thanks to Peter B, I eventually traced the file down
to a different disk...in the Windows/sytem32 directory. I've no idea why the
file should get written there.

Anyway, this *may* be why the problem arose...

I edit my python files in the Extensions folder using the LocalFS product. I
think when I update files I suspect something is not happening that should.

Are the Extensions only loaded at startup, because I only got this working
after a restart?

Thanks all

tom