[Zope] Zope based Authentication. Why Why Why

Mohan Baro mcbaro@uwimona.edu.jm
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:54:23 -0500

Hi all,

Going thru the archives of this mail list, I can't help but notice the
following
1) There are many zoper who need to use a login form to authenticate users
2) Most do not like http authentication
3) ZPatterns and LoginManager are good solutions, but are not appropiate for
new users (compilation required, usersourse required ... &&&& poor
documentation.

Why can't Zope's default authenication be form based? (cookie based, ZODB
based ...)
Why do we have to start with HTTP authentication? (can't logout, hard to
manipulate)
Why does everybody think ZPatterns/LoginManager is always the answer.
(simple problem, Tough solution, overkill)

Can somebody post a good form based authenication system without using
ZPatterns/LoginManager.

Mohan.