[Zope] Broken Zope installation

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 21:34:49 +0100 (CET)

Mayers, Philip J writes:
 > I appear to have a broken Zope installation. Some of the problems:
 >
 > 1) ...
 > However, this site was imported from a previous installation. Any new
 > PythonScripts (or any attempt to edit the existing ones) fail to do that,
 > saying that:
 >
 > Error Type: TypeError
 > Error Value: call of non-function (type list)
Looks as if there is still something old around....

  I would install freshly, check that PythonScripts work correctly.
  Then move the old "var/Data.fs" to the new installation.
  Check again.

 > I really don't think that the DTML method is of type list - this happens
 > with old or new DTML methods, and old&modified or new PythonScripts alike.
Hm, you confuse me a bit...

  I thought that creating new Python scripts or changing old ones
  would fail with the indicated error.

  But, apparently, you can create and change but then the
  script no longer works.

  You may try to rename "dtml_method".
  Maybe, somehow your context finds the wrong one.

 > 2) Restart or Shutdown from the Control Panel link fail with an error 5 (I/O
 > error) - this only happens intermittently.
Apparently, it wants to write somewhere, where it is not allowed to.
When you analyse the traceback, you may see, what operation fails.
Maybe, it wants to write on the terminal which has been closed
meanwhile...

Dieter