[Zope] [OT] EMACS, FTP & Firewalls

icottee@bluefountain.com icottee@bluefountain.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 05:55:02 +0900

Chris

I believe you want ...

(setq make-backup-files nil)

in your .emacs file will sort out your backup file problem. My zope directory is
still littered with the little '~' versions so worthwhile sharing this here.

As for ftp - I seem to recall using passive mode with the xemacs ftp client
under windows (well hey - it's still emacs and it's still under windows :-) )

(custom-set-variables
 '(efs-use-passive-mode t))

with a bit of judicious editing you can have an .emacs file that works with both
emacs and xemacs. Can't help with the ftp client by the way ... I read a
suggestion of using wget from someone on the net but never used and don't know.

Ian J Cottee
Blue Fountain Systems Ltd