[Zope] Z2.pid permissions

Carl David david@uconnvm.uconn.edu
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:12:51 -0500

I've been trying to read the archives, but getting nowhere. Zope was
installed by a non-root user, and now we wish to start it in rc.d/init.d
so that it runs as nobody. We don't mind the 8080 port at all. But when
root starts Zope, Z2.pid permissions seem to intrude, and I've tried
every permutation and combination possible (I think) hacking (a random
walk really) searching for a combination which will work.
Can some one definitively explain how to set _ALL_ the permissions,
etc., so that Zope can start properly on boot?
Thanks
Carl David
david@uconnvm.uconn.edu