[Zope] A typical Zope problem (documentation)

Ron Bickers rbickers@logicetc.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:36:56 -0500

This is a common complaint that has been heard in the Zope community for a
long time now.  Zope is fairly young, in my opinion, and emerged from a
group of separate products not initially designed to hand out to everyone.
Because of this and the rapid growth of Zope, documentation has suffered.
Leaps and bounds have been made on docs in the last year and it continues to
get better (including several book deals on the table).  So don't fret too
much, it's a high priority and soon the documentation complaint will be a
thing of the past (I hope).

Until then, you really do have to take some extra time to read the current
version of "the book", how-tos, the mailing list, and anything else you can
get your hands on.  It's worth the time if you have it.  Also, it definitely
pays to know Python, even though claims are that you don't need to know it.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.
rbickers@logicetc.com