[Zope] What are the Zope time formats without leading zeros?

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon@msri.org
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 18:09:15 -0800

Hello,

  There has to be a simple answer to this question..

I am using both Zope DateTime and strftime formats to display dates and
times of various sizes and flavors..

so.. my question is this..

What is the preferred formatting string/method for displaying dates and
times sans zeros.

for example..as the standard "April 3, 2001" instead of "April 03, 2001"

or times with the format (to give another example) "2:00 PM"  instead of
"02:00 PM"

As one of my users put it.. "As a *very* minor point, I think that our
web site's habit of listing
dates before the 10th of each month with a leading 0 is uncouth; there
must be a way to make Zope behave a little more intelligently."

Thank you all for your help...This is stumping me. I've tried what seems
like at least 50 different ways of displaying times..

I'm sorry to ask such a basic question...

Thank you!

Chris Beaumont
cbeaumon@msri.org