[Zope] Setting up a new site in Zope

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:15:30 +0100

The hosts file on Win32 is in different places depending on your exact
version,

W95/W98/WME the file is <windowsfolder>\hosts
NT/W2K the file is <ntfolder>\drivers\etc\hosts

note there is no .txt anymore this was dropped after Windows 3.1.

The file is a simple text file, which by default doesn't exist on W95/98/ME,
you need to copy the hosts.sam file (which is a sample).

The default file should contain an entry for localhost:

127.0.0.1    localhost

you just need to add an entry for your domain/subdomain:

192.168.2.1    dev.mmmanager.org  # change the ip accordingly.

this then adds the domain and Netscape should be able to find it OK.

hth

Phil
phil.harris@zope.co.uk