[Zope] PHP as a scripting language for Zope

Luciano Ramalho luciano@hiper.com.br
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:30:08 -0300

Just as we have Script (Python) and Script (Perl) we should have Script
(PHP) as a standard Zope object.

One of the main goals of having Perl Scripts was to make Zope more
attractive to Perl hackers, right? I believe supporting PHP syntax and
functions within Zope would attract even more web developers to our
platform.

I wearing my marketing hat as I write this. I love Python, and would not
profit immediately from either Perl or PHP support within Zope. But it
is pretty clear to me that this would make our platform even stronger.

And while we are at it, why not evaluate the possibility of integrating
JavaScript and VBscript? Maybe we should have a poll: Which language
would you like to see in Zope after Python and Perl?

Best regards,

Luciano