[Zope] List of DB error

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:38:20 +0200 (CEST)

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Daniel_Corr=EAa_de_Azevedo?= writes:
 > Where can I find a list of the possible zope message errors types while
 > using a DB connection.
 > I need that because of need to implement all the <dtml-except ERROR_TYPE>
 > for operations with a DB.
I guess there is no compiled list.

  All exceptions I have seen so far for database accesses
  came from the Python interface to the database, usually
  a DB-API interface.

  I think, there is a quasi-standard, to have
  an object called "error" in the implementing object
  and use that to report database problems.

  However, the module may raise standard errors
  as well, such as "ValueError".

I fear, you will need to look at the documentation
(or even source) of your specific database interface
implementation.

Dieter