[Zope] Performance under load using SQL (Postgresql)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:22:26 +0200 (CEST)

Mayers, Philip J writes:
 > I'm using Postgresql (makes no different whether it's 7.0 or the 7.1RC1)
 > with ZPoPyDA and/or psycopg - they both suffer from the problem. What
 > happens is that the child threads of ZServer die, leaving me with the
 > top-level process (doing a waitpid on it's child) and the child (doing a
 > select on the PCGI socket)
Usually, they say something (--> log file, enabled with
"STUPID_LOG_FILE=....") when they die.
This may give you a hint.

Often they produce a "core" file, when they die.
However, some configuration experts disable the core generation.
Reenable them and see whether you get one.
Then you can look into them with a debugger.

Dieter