[Zope] ZMySQLDA connection error when adding

bak (kedai) kedai@kedai.com.my
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:52:39 +0800

On Wednesday 28 March 2001 22:22, sam gendler wrote:
> Poor Gitte. I counted 20 emails between downloading Zope and posting a
> message saying that everything was working and a mysql connection was
> working. I don't know if that is the common experience, as I had fewer
> problems when I recently came back to Zope, but it is pretty bad,
> nonetheless.  We obviously have a ways to go with the usability thing. It
> is a good thing this list is so responsive.  All 20 messages took only
> about 48 hours.
>
> --sam

i think MySQL has something to do with the added latency.  i see that MySql
users do see a lot of problems connecting to zope.  but there are threads
that recorded the successful attempt of connecting to MySQL.  maybe the
successful user can compile that ro a how-to.

i use postgresql, and ZPyGreSDA, and PoPy/ZPoPy has been straight forward
enough.

my .02
--

http://www.kedai.com.my/kk

How can I laugh tomorrow, if i can't even smile today.