[Zope] Product that catches webdav PUTs and does something else

Tim Hicks Tim Hicks" <tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:58:18 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Lloyd" <brian@digicool.com>
To: "Tim Hicks" <tim@sitefusion.co.uk>; <zope@zope.org>
Cc: <brian@digicool.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 7:50 PM
Subject: RE: [Zope] Product that catches webdav PUTs and does something else

<snipped excellent tutorial>

> Hopefully this sheds some light on what happens underneath and
> make the PUT_factory document more useful - if you still can't
> get PUT_factory to work as expected you might want to contact
> the author (Tres) to make sure it is up to date (I can't tell
> from a glance - but knowing Tres I suspect it is up to date :).

Thank you so much, that is just what I needed.  I was trying to implement
the PUT_factory method from within my dtml-documentish class, and
consequently, it wasn't working as Zope couldn't find a PUT_factory for an
instance that hadn't been created.  I haven't tried having a PUT_factory in
a parent folder yet (I'm having other difficulties atm), but I hope it'll
work now I actually know what I'm doing!

Thanks so much

tim