[Zope] Reindex_object problem

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:48:56 -0500

I suspect first of all since it's a new object, you need to index the object
first before you reindex it.

So this would be:

newob.index_object()

Then on subsequent calls, you'll want to do:

newob.reindex_object()

The CatalogAware API is broken, IMHO.  It should always just be
"index_object" and "reindex_object" should not exist.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Muldrow" <muldrow@mac.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 10:55 AM
Subject: [Zope] Reindex_object problem

> I'm having trouble getting reindex_object to work inside an external
method.
> I suspect my syntax is flawed. What I'm doing is instantiating a
> Catalog-aware ZClass and then attaching properties to it. I know I need to
> reindex after I've added properties, but it doesn't like it in the
external
> method. (I have been able to reindex with a separate piece of DTML, but
> that's not ideal!) Thanks in advance--Chris
>

> def addFLSNews(newdir, newid, data, credate, workDir):
>       """ """
>       # Get the actual destination object, using the this()
>       # method, to be sure we get it in the right context..
>
>       data=processXMLEntities(data)
>       storyText=getBody(data)
>
>       # Create the new instance
>
> newob=newdir.Control_Panel.Products.FLSNewsStory.FLSNewsStory(storyText)
>       newob._setId(newid)
>
>       newdir._setObject(newid, newob)
>
>       newob.title=getTitle(data)
>       varPics=getPics(workDir, data, credate, newid, newdir)
>       varStoryName=getStoryName(data)
>       varByfunc=getByfunc(data)
>       varUser=getUser(data)
>       varAuthor=getAuthor(data)
>       varPicID=getPicID(data)
>       varCategory=getCategory(data)
>       varLocality=getLocality(data)
>       varBasket=getBasket(data)
>       varNwords=getNwords(data)
>       varEditionInfo=getEditionInfo(data)
>       varSummary=getSummary(data)

newob.propertysheets.FLSNewsProperties.manage_changeProperties({'PhotosList'
> :varPics})

newob.propertysheets.FLSNewsProperties.manage_changeProperties({'User':varUs
> er})

newob.propertysheets.FLSNewsProperties.manage_changeProperties({'Byline':var
> Author})

newob.propertysheets.FLSNewsProperties.manage_changeProperties({'StoryName':
> varStoryName})

newob.propertysheets.FLSNewsProperties.manage_changeProperties({'Byfunc':var
> Byfunc})

newob.propertysheets.FLSNewsProperties.manage_changeProperties({'PicID':varP
> icID})

newob.propertysheets.FLSNewsProperties.manage_changeProperties({'Category':v
> arCategory})

newob.propertysheets.FLSNewsProperties.manage_changeProperties({'Locality':v
> arLocality})

newob.propertysheets.FLSNewsProperties.manage_changeProperties({'Nwords':var
> Nwords})

newob.propertysheets.FLSNewsProperties.manage_changeProperties({'EditionInfo
> ':varEditionInfo})

newob.propertysheets.FLSNewsProperties.manage_changeProperties({'Summary':va
> rSummary})

newob.propertysheets.FLSNewsProperties.manage_changeProperties({'CreateDate'
> :credate})

newob.propertysheets.FLSNewsProperties.manage_changeProperties({'Basket':var