[Zope] Directories and subdirectories....

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:00:54 +0200 (CEST)

After Dark writes:

 > >  "_.getitem('parameter')" is equivalent to "parameter".
 >
 > parameter come from a form(REQUEST), so if I don`t do that
 > zope will treat it like a string.
But then, you must omit the '...'!

Believe me:
      "_.getitem('parameter')" is equivalent to "parameter".

Thus, you should use:

      "_.getitem(parameter).objectValues()"

 > >Otherwise, your statement is strange.
 > >
 > >  What object type contains the "dtml-in" (a DTML Method
 > >or Document)?
 >
 > Dtml Document.
That may explain why you get a wrong object:

  A DTML Document brings with it its own context
  and this context is stronger than that of the
  call.

  If you have

    /parameter
    /document
    /subfolder
              /parameter

  and you use the URL "/subfolder/document", you will get
  "/parameter" and not "/subfolder/parameter".

  A DTML Method, on the other hand, does not bring its own
  context. I only uses that of the call.

  Check out

    URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html

  for details.