[Zope] RE:ZServer dying

Junk junk@gargl.net
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:02:02 +0200

> we tried also PoPy as DA connector but still the same result ...
> it seems to me, if all those cases are related, that RH7.0 and Postgres
> are used on all machines where this phenomen occurs.

yes, and sometimes, it's mysql that goes down (and not zope) it makes either
:

IndexError
or
OperationalError
or
KeyError

then we reboot mysql (through webmin) and a couple of seconds later it works
again (that would of course comfort the idea that this is caused by a memory
leak).

being not *that* fluent in linux, could someone give me the command that
would give me some interresting output (i'm usign ps aux to check what is
running and it gives me the amount of memory used by the prog, is that
enough ?) most of the time it crashes silently, forcing me to killal python
then restart zope, but from time to time (once a day?) the process entirely
dissappears...

> we have on this server an average hitcount of 3000 hits per hour
> so i suppose you can imagine that it is not really funny to restart a
> production server every hour.

even worse, it's our *real* server that's going down every 2-3 hours (but we
make about 4 times more hits/hour (but we use less database - so maybe
that's linked.)

$ven