[Zope] writing dtml on zope.org

Ausum augusto@artlover.com
Tue, 01 May 2001 01:00:11 -0500

I think Zope.org is a big how-to on itself, and by letting its users to write
dtml it helps to that purpose, although just at a didactic level. I don't
think many people uses dtml-at-zope.org to bring out special features to their
member pages, so in order to continue offering illustrational capabilities I'd
suggest a special common "dtml drawing paper" area of the site.

On the subject of letting commited users to manage some areas, I agree. One of
my first thoughts on Zope.org was "why doesn't it have any page snapshots?",
and stuff like that. Nevertheless, it's good to realize that the
standardization is very important to the sense of unity of the whole Zope
development. I'm thankful to every other site that spreads Zope, but if the
assets it provides weren't adknowledged by Zope.org, I probably would'nt
consider them. On the other hand, if every other site had the same look and
feel of Zope.org, my concerns would be lower. That's to mention how important
the perception is.

To the DC's plan of delegating to comunity members in order to customize and/or
improve certain areas of the site, I would add that it is at
least of the same importance to consider what are going to be the standards for
that future site. For example: Does it make sense to enable a
PIM like WorldPilot?. What about multimedia?  :)

Cheers,

Ausum