[Zope] Stupid WEBDAV question

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Tue, 1 May 2001 10:06:27 -0400

Hi Darin,

try as the URL:

http://darin:123@localhost:8080/

where "darin" is your username and "123" is your Zope password.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darin Lee" <LEEDM@state.mi.us>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 9:59 AM
Subject: [Zope] Stupid WEBDAV question

Zopatistas,

Please forgive my "thickness" on this question. I have been trying to do
editing via WEBDAV for quite some time and have never gotten it to work. If
I use IE 5.5, select Open (as webfolder) with "localhost:8080" as the
location - I can see the Zope root folder files - but I can never edit or
save (if I do open the document for editing, it's a local read-only copy).
It's almost as though I am opening the folder as "anonymous user" - with the
Zope "view" permission only. I am working on Windows 2000 Professional -
with an instance of Zope/Medusa running locally.

So, how does Zope know who I am when I access via WEBDAV? Is it using my
Windows credentials for authentication?

Thanks in advance,
-Darin Lee