[Zope] Best way to set up a Product with multiple classes?

Matthew Wilbert mwilbert@alum.mit.edu
Tue, 01 May 2001 18:21:59 -0700

I want to create a Product which allows creation of an container object w=
hich has a number of subobjects and sub-subobjects which can be separatel=
y instantiated within it.  The subobjects should only be able to be creat=
ed in the
appropriate container object defined within the Product.

I know how to do this (or something adequately similar, anyway) with ZCla=
sses within a Product, but I don't understand how to do this with Python =
classes in a Python product.

If the answer to that is too easy, I have a second question.
Can I make a such a subobject be permitted in a finite number of containt=
er types, so for instance a FloweringPlant could be added to a Garden or =
a Florist but
not to any other container type?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Matt Wilbert