[Zope] restricting public access

Patrick patrick@eahd.or.ug
Wed, 2 May 2001 16:33:08 +0300 (EAT)

I **think** that you did not uncheck the "inherit permissions" tab which
makes any folder or object for that matter aquire the permissions of it's
parent folder. You need to do this if you have a folder which you want to
declare private but is contained in a folder that was declared public.
Hope this helps,
Patrick.

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Rudi Wurm wrote:

> i would like to restrict the public access of a Zope site to only a few f=
olders. what is the easiest way to do this ?
> i unchecked the view-permission in the root-folder for the anonymous role=
, to make this setting work in the appropriate folders. i then had to grant=
 this permission on any item in my root-folder which is accessed by the pub=
lic, but my folder with all items below are autmatically still visible, alt=
hough the permission in this folder is not set.