[Zope] phpWebEd

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Wed, 2 May 2001 16:36:18 +0200

Hi!

> What do you think about phpWebEd on
>
> http://www.nm-service.de/products.html?pid=pwe
>
> Is this usable under Zope?

It is definitely not usable out-of-the-box with Zope. But it has a nice
basic concept. We are currently doing this kind of stuff in Zope, too:

- in-site editing: We are using a modified version of "IEMethod" to handle
the WYSIWYG-part; unfortunately this is an Internet-Explorer only feature
:-(
- "boxes" that can be created on the left, in the middle, and on the right
of the site
- much more, like integrating syndicated data from News services etc.

So if you want to do what WebEd does under Zope, I'd suggest looking at
http://demo.iuveno-net.de/iuveno/Products/CMS. The online demo is not up and
running yet, but it should be there by end of next week. If you want to see
it now, you'll have to mail us ...

Joachim