[Zope] Calling dtml method from PythonScript, _.None, _ ?

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Wed, 02 May 2001 09:26:03 -0600

Brad Clements wrote:

> I'm trying to eliminate query strings on my DHTML methods, to convert
>
> http://myhost.com/Products?productid=xyz
>
> into
>
> http://myhost.com/ProcessPath/xyz/ProductInfo.htm
>
> I've created a Python Script (2.3.2) that looks like this:
>
> ---
> target = traverse_subpath[-1]
> if target == 'ProductInfo.htm':
>     container.Products(context,productid=traverse_subpath[0])
>
> ---

You might try:

container.Products(container.Products, productid=traverse_subpath[0])

The first parameter of a DTML object call is the "client". If you pass
the object itself as the client this generally works.

Keep in mind that you are now passing your URL arguments as keywords
rather than through REQUEST. This makes a big difference in where they
show up in the namespace (at the top rather than the bottom), and ZSQL
methods will not see them without explicitly passing them along.

--