[Zope] Local FS for multimedia content (was Re:Image Content)

Ausum augusto@artlover.com
Wed, 02 May 2001 12:59:19 -0500

I think it's a good idea to help to enhance Jonothan's LocalFS product.
I use it to browse image files at already filesystem existing directories, and
also to watch those images rendered at the very main screen, when they're under
a threshold file size. If you restrict conveniently the access to those
directories trough the filesystem, you don't need to store them at the ZDB,
with the obvious advantage of not crowding it.
The current downside is that you can't store metadata, but that's a noticeable
"todo" at the readme. I've tried ExtFile product and ZPhoto product too, and
though they have good features on their own, I think a merging-features work
should be done, in order to offer directory imports to ZDB(for previews and
metadata
storing issues, cataloguing, and sinchronization to filesystem changes) and
external filesystem storing.

A tool like this would be a good starting point to a reliable multimedia asset
CMS.

Ausum