[Zope] upgrading an RPM install of Zope.

Echlin, Michael echlinm@aecl.ca
Wed, 2 May 2001 13:20:56 -0400

Hi,

We have a few Zope servers, one of which was installed using the rpm method.
The rpm install goes to different directories then the manual install as per
the web page (using the rpm install some of the software is installed in the
/usr/share/zope and the rest is in /var/zope.) The upgrade (there is no rpm
upgrade yet) from 2.3.X to 2.3.2 has directories that do not appear in any
of the directory structures created in the rpm install (inst is one
directory that does not appear.)
The 2.3.X to 2.3.2 upgrade wants to install to a common directory structure
not a split-up structure like the rpm install.
I am going to back up everything and try to copy the right pieces to the
right place but who knows what will happen.

Any advice before I try this?

Mike Echlin CP/SA/CM
AECL Control and Operations Technology
echlinm@aecl.ca