[Zope] Re [Zope]: Punished for upgrading to 2.3.2: ZPatterns broke

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Thu, 3 May 2001 08:51:35 +1000

Hi Joachim,

Thanks for reminding me of this post... I did see it but I understood
it to mean that the current ZPatterns won't benefit from the improved
BTrees , not that it would break it completely...

Itai

Joachim Schmitz wrote:

>Hi Itai,
>
>I remember that there was some discussion about ZPatterns and the new BTree
>implementation on this list during the betaphase of 2.3.2.
>by searching the mail archive for ZPatterns AND BTree I found:

>hope that helps.
>
>On Wed, 2 May 2001, Itai Tavor wrote:
>
>>  Itai Tavor (me) wrote:
>>
>>  >Hi,
>>  >
>>  >I shut down a Zope instance using Zope 2.3.1, and started it again
>>  >with 2.3.2. When I tried to access objects on a rack, I got an
>>  >AttributeError: _setRack. I went back to 2.3.1, but I still get the
>>  >same error.
>>  >
>>  >Ok, I can take a hint. Somebody doesn't want me to use Zope 2.3.2.
>>  >All right, I won't. But my project is still hosed. So now I got to
>>  >restore a backup and lose a day's work.
>>  >
>>  >Is anyone else aware of upgrde problems with ZPatterns?
>>  >
>>  >Itai
>>
>>  Ok, there seems to be something very wrong with ZPatterns in 2.3.2.
>>  I've recreated all the Racks from scratch, got them to work, filled
>>  them with data. Then I restarted Zope, and the _setRack problem
>>  returned. Just to keep it interesting, though, it happens with just 2
>>  out of 4 racks in this application.
>>
>>  At the moment, any work I do on this project is a waste of time.
>>  Someone please tell me what's going on here.
>>
>>  TIA
>>
>  > Itai
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itai@optusnet.com.au            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- 'Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?' --
-- 'Supposing it didn't,' said Pooh after careful thought.         --