[Zope] rename objects permission

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Thu, 3 May 2001 09:25:39 +0200

Ok. New question! This is very strange.

I create a user called "monkey" in a folder called "icons".
The "monkey" user has the "foodexpert" role.
These permissions are ticked for the foodexpert role:
- Access contents information
- Add Documents, Images, and Files
- Change Images and Files
- Delete objects
- Manage properties
- View
- View management screens

All I want the monkey to be able to do is to add/edit (name and
properties)/remove Image objects in a folder called "icons".
The monkey fills in a form to upload an Image (a copy of the manage_addImage
form almost). When submitting this DTML code is called:
<dtml-call "PARENTS[0].manage_addImage(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST['file'])">
Simple, isn't it? But it does NOT work!
"You are not authorized to access manage_addImage. "

Fuck! the monkey things. Goes /manage and can select Add Image from the drop
down list and can add Images with no problem.
However, I want the monkey to be able to do these simple things using MY
management interface.

Is this a bug?

Peter