[Zope] talking to Sybase from FreeBSD 4.2

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud@xs4all.nl
Thu, 3 May 2001 10:54:17 +0200 (CEST)

Hello world,

being fairly new (but already enthousiastic:-) on Zope, I am trying to get my
Zope 2.3.1 (on Python 2.0) talking to a Sybase (11.0.3.3) database, from a
FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE box. (Zope 2.3.1 on Py 2.0 is what the current port makes of
it)
(My Zope is running inside a FreeBSD jail, but I do not think this is relevant
to my problem).

I have looked on recent information about Sybase and Zope, but everything seems
to be about two years old :-(. The instructions from The_Jester do not work (I
think the diff files are too old)

When I try to build the Sybase DA (SybaseDA-2_0b2) from the instructions in the
README, it stops somewhere by complaining
that /usr/local/lib/python2.0/config/Setup.thread is not found (and indeed this
file was in python 1.5 but not in 2.0)...

Has anyone recently gotten this to work? (either with native Sybase libraries
or FreeTDS libraries) Or should I try to use SQL relay?

TIA,

Reinoud