[Zope] Virtual HostMonster article

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
3 May 2001 21:48:03 +0200

I've went one step further and built a little product that basically is a
catalog-aware folder that asks for a sitename in the manage_add form.
www.foo.com is converted into www_foo_com as the id (with www.foo.com as the
title) on creation, and the thing adds itself to a "sites" catalog in the root
folder that is used by an Access Rule to do virtual hosting.

The advantage is that I don't have to go through any manual setup thingies in
order to activate virtual hosts - a big advantage because I got a stack of
dealers writing websites on our server and I don't want to play their typing
clerk :-).

Just Yet Another Way to handle it...

(oh, and not having to play clerk comes out cheaper than saving a bit on an
extra server ;-))