[Zope] Problem migrating a producto to Zope 2.3

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Fri, 04 May 2001 08:36:19 -0600

Jorge Ferrer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've developed a product for an Intranet using Zope 2.1 and I'm trying to
> migrate to Zope 2.3. Almost everything han gone fine as I haven't used any
> advanced feature, but I have some problems with the ZClasses which inherit
> from OFS:File.
>
> BTW, the product consists on a container ZClass and several other ZClasses
> which represent different types of documents.
>
> Here is what I've done: I installed Zope 2.3.1 on a new machine and
> installed my product through a distribution file placed on the products
> directory. When I make an instance of the Container ZClass everything goes
> well and I can even make instances of some of the other ZClasses. But
> everytime I try to make an instance of a ZClass which holds a file (by
> inheriting from OFS:File) I get the following error:

> Error Type: TypeError
> Error Value: unsliceable object

[snip]

Try upgrading to 2.3.2 there was a bug in 2.3.1 with instanciating
ZClasses that subclassed base classes that has a method for their id
(Which OFS.File does). That looks like the problem here.

--