[Zope] Zope as Portal Server

dave@kovach.com dave@kovach.com
4 May 2001 09:01:55 -0700

Steve -

Please go back and read other messages in this thread. As, CMF is not the same thing as I am talking about. I am talking about having CONNECTORS into different enterprise applications that then use ZOPE to handle security, state, other informational content etc.

As far as I can see... CMF is very content-portal driven... Its original name Portal Toolkit was more appropriate for what I am talking about - obviously thats why its now called CMF (?!?).

The CONNECTORS create a "user cockpit" of mini-applications to do specific tasks from one interface rather than having 4 or 5 applications open at the same time - creates a more productive enterprise work environment thats focused on what the users need to get done.

It isnt about managing NEWS content (though, portals of today take in any content/application data)... so, they steal alot of the premise behind a corporate intranet too.

Of course, this discertation is way off my point which was to discuss ZOPE as an application server with extensions that provide data connection into different corporate applications...

David Kovach
dave@kovach.com
On Fri, 04 May 2001, "Steve Drees" wrote:

> > Was researching something for work and was curious if anyone had
> > any thoughts as to how ZOPE could be used as a PORTAL SERVER?
>
> We could call it, ummm, Portal Toolkit. Yeah, that's the ticket.
>
> :)
>
> Check out http://cmf.zope.org

Get your name as your email and web site address.
http://www.NetIdentity.com. Be somebody online.