[Zope] [ANN] ZShell 0.1

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
04 May 2001 11:46:21 -0700

Hi Jerome,

woa! The new features sound cool.  Why did you switch to an external
method, as a matter of interest ?

Jerome Alet <alet@unice.fr> writes:
> Do you prefer that grep and/or sed work on the main content only or also
> on properties for each object ? It's not evident what I should do.

see object/folder notion below

> Do you prefer for the history to be stored as a property of the root
> folder, a property of each different folder in which you use zshell, or as
> an external file ?

why, all of the above of course :)
Seriously.. history ? Is it worthwhile ?

> Do you want ls to stay simple and use find when you want complicated
> things or do you want both ls and find to be complicated ? (I already know
> the answer)
>
> Doing .zsh scripts I don't know how, neither do I for "if", "for" and
> "while"
>
> Do you want to be able to set environnement variables ? Is it possible or
> not ? If yes, I don't know, so any help is appreciated.

I think simpler is better for now. But, now that you mention it, how
about

- "name=value" sets attribute "name" of the current folder
- "$name" returns the value of attribute name
- also "some/path/name = value", "$(some/path/name)"

and then perhaps

- treat objects as folders, whose contents are their attributes. If an
object or folder is used as a scalar as above, get or set it's
"primary value"

> The Secret Ideas for next week (if possible at all) :
>
> 	su
> 	python

aaah! you maniac :)

This is sounding like a super power tool.

-Simon