[Zope] Strange ODB/folder problem

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 4 May 2001 19:56:44 +0200 (CEST)

Scott writes:
 > I have about 300 folder objects in my ODB. Running 2.1.6 on Linux. One (and
 > maybe more) of the folders are not accessable by top-level admin or manager.
 > Error Type: TypeError
 > Error Value: attribute-less object (assign or del)
 >
 > TraceBack: Traceback (innermost last): File
 > /usr/local/Zope-2.1.6-src/lib/python/Products/ZDBase/ZDiscussions.py, line
 > 195, in manage_beforeDelete (Object: 971638688) TypeError: attribute-less
 > object (assign or del)
Apparently, you have a broken "ZDiscussion" installation.

I think, you have (at least) two options:

 1. install a working ZDiscussion product

 2. if this is impossible:
    empty the current definition of "manage_beforeDelete"
    in "Products/ZDBase/ZDiscussions.py" line 195
    (replace its content by "pass").
    Enter your folder, delete the ZDiscussion objects,
    and then get rid of ZDiscussion altogether.

Dieter