[Zope] Re: [Zope] LiveLink "converters"

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Fri, 4 May 2001 21:25:28 +0200

Hi,

> 	- Any plan for "converters" ?  I think it would be fairly easy, no?
No, this ain't easy. Just ask the abiword,staroffice etc. guys.
But take a look at

http://www.zope.org/Members/eric/MSWordDocument

which uses wvware (www.wvware.com)
to convert msword documents into html.
But its easy to get all the various formats
(html, ps, pdf, ascii, wml) which wvware can export.

> 	- Could hiding unauthorized objects been possible?  I  know that I
> can manage that in DTML, but I mean in the default management interface?

Just one question, on what basis do you want to hide the objects (i.e.
based on what permission).
We have documents people should be able to view in order to see effects of
changes they made on other elements, but not able to change the document
itself. If these documents weren't visible in the management screen
people would get confused, I fear.
Perhaps using semi-transparent icons could be used to give users
some idea that the regarding file is restricted in some sense, but
I'm sceptical.

cheers,
oliver