[Zope] database design question

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Fri, 4 May 2001 15:14:32 +0000 (UTC)

One thing I have noticed problems with is that I have had zclasses break
more then a few times. Once that happens it does not seem that they can be
fixed. Often I have seen situations where all instances were broken but
new ones could be created with no problems. I have not ever seen that
behavior with a python product.

Another issue is that zclasses can not be easily reclassed or expanded
later like a python product can. If you decide later that your object
should have been catalog aware you are in trouble because it can't just be
reclassed.

ZClasses strike me as a testing type idea wheren you quickly prototype
something then write it in a python product. However once you know python
well enough it is faster to write it in python then to work with a ZClass.