[Zope] how can i have my content displayed in 2 different ways ?

Danny William Adair Danny@Adair.net
Mon, 7 May 2001 16:32:19 +1200

>>> Sven Fischer wrote:
>>>
>>> i have my content in zope in a structure like this :
>>>
>>> data/animals/lion
>>> data/animals/coyote
>>> data/animals/elephant
>>>
>>> and would like to have 2 ways (in fact n ways) of displaying
>>> the information
>>>
>>> i could make 2 methods in the animals folder for example and
>>> have my urls
>>> look like
>>>
>>> data/animals/lion/bluepage
>>> data/animals/lion/redpage
>>>
>>> bu i would like to / love to be able to make it like this :
>>>
>>> bluepage/animals/lion
>>> redpage/animals/lion
>>>
>>> can i do that ? if yes, how ? and does it work with subfolders ?

Have you checked out NIP's PathHandler product?
http://www.zope.org/Members/NIP/PathHandler

if bluepage is a PathHandler, it could translate a

bluepage/animals/lion

to a

data/animals/lion/bluepage

That's the simplest solution I could think of right now. And the elegance is
ok, imho. You could take a look at the sources to see how PathHandler does
its __bobo_traverse__

hth,
Danny