[Zope] site-packages

oivvio polite os1@v10a.com
Tue, 8 May 2001 13:34:12 +0200

Hi all.

I'm building a webfilter in python. My first option for server was
Apache+mod_snake, but after a while that felt kind of shaky.

So now I've been reading up on Zope for a couple of days. I haven't been
able to find the solution for a problem that must be very common.

I have an external method in the root folder linked to a script looking like
this:

#hello.py
def hello(self, REQUEST):
    user = REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER
    return 'Hello %s' % user

Works great.

Then I have another another external method linked to a script looking like
this:

#hello_with_import.py
import testmodule

def hello(self):
    return 'Hello %s' % testmodule.value

Doesn't work at all.
Just gives me:

Error Type: ImportError
Error Value: No module named testmodule

The module testmodule is in the site-packages of my python installation.
and importing it from any normal python program is no problem.

What's the deal here?

oivvio

--
oivvio polite

cell +46 (0)709 30 40 30 / work +46 (0)8 669 64 18 / fax +46 (0)8 84 00 18
varvsgatan 10A / s-117 29 stockholm / sweden