[Zope] getPropertyType

Tim Hicks tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Tue, 8 May 2001 16:28:51 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dieter Maurer" <dieter@handshake.de>
To: "Tim Hicks" <tim@sitefusion.co.uk>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2001 7:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] getPropertyType

> Tim Hicks writes:
>  > ... problem with "PropertySheet.getPropertyType" ...
> This might be a bug.
>
> I looked in the code at "OFS.PropertySheets".
>
>   "getPropertyType" is very differently implemented
>   than "hasProperty".
>   "getPropertyType" looks at "self.p_self()._properties" while
>   "hasProperty" looks at "self._propertyMap".
>
>   This is very suspicious.
>
>   At your place, I would make "getPropertyType" similar to
>   "hasProperty" and if that gives you the correct result,
>   file a bug report into the collector.

Dieter,

I'm sorry, you've lost me slightly there.  Could you just go over what you
mean by that last paragraph?  Do you mean, put hasProperty where I had
getPropertyType and see if it does indeed return the correct answer (true or
false)?  If that is what you mean, how does this confirm a bug?  Sorry to be
a bit slow on this.

tim