[Zope] Authentication for outside users

Sven Syld Sven.Syld@stat.ee
Tue, 08 May 2001 20:05:04 +0300

> > How could I do so that only users from a certain IP address will
> > need to authenticate - outsiders? Others - insiders - will not.

> Make an anonymous user with no password, and domain set to the IP
> block you want to consider "inside". See
> http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/Security.dtml -- particularly
> the parts right after Figure 6-1.

Do you mean by anonymous user - role Anonymous, ie no roles?
So when IP address is "inside" then user gets Anonyomus role otherwise =
user must have role?=20

Idea is good but then I must give access for Anonymous which means =
everybody has access. Which means no IP blocking is done and I'm back =
where I started from... :(

So I thought make two users - "insider" and "outsider" and give "Guest" =
role. Outsider has password and insider has not. Gave correct domains. And =
I removed all anonymous access. Still login is required from both. They =
don't get automatically that role like book says.

Sven