[Zope] Two Questions: One Easy, One Not

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Thu, 10 May 2001 17:13:20 +0200

Hi Ben,

unlike other web-servers, zope does not use a file-system
for "folders" and documents.
It has a database system in which the objects are stored.
This is much like your try to access your RDBMS and hope
you can select some files on your database server via SQL ;)

IF you want to use your images from zope, you have to import
them into its database. You can do it via web-interface
or via FTP or (Web-)DAV (the latter works somewhat with
Internetexplorer Webfolder feature)

2) Zope spawns serveral processes, thats normal. You find
their process-ids (at least the ones of the parents) in
var/Z2.pid

Regards
Tino Wildenhain

--On Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2001 07:39 -0700 Ben Ocean <zope@thewebsons.com>