[Zope] Acting As a Regular Server

Charlie Blanchard charlie@blanchardsite.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 16:46:33 -0700

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 04:13:04PM -0700, Ben Ocean wrote:
> At 03:29 PM 5/10/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> >On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 02:31:52PM -0700, Ben Ocean wrote:
> > > Hi;
> > > I know there are several products out there for making regular URLs
> > resolve
> > > (e.g.; http://localhost.com/ ) and getting Zope to interpret it all
> > > correctly, but I've misplaced my notes and given up searching the Zope
> > site
> > > after an hour: what are they again? Also, is it possible to simply
> > > reconfigure one's httpd.conf file in such a way to redirect traffic to the
> > > appropriate directory (and what would that be?). I don't want to have to
> > > reconfigure all of my virtualhosts to make them call up Zope, just the new
> > > ones I'll be building on this platform, but it sure would be nice to use
> > > the Apache server. What's the best way to do this?
> > > TIA,
> > > BenO
> > >
> >if i understand your question, this is what you're looking for:
> >http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver
>
> After reviewing that page (which I appreciate), I'm not sure that this
> works for *all* calls to a URL. In other words, if my server is called
> *thewebsons.com*, I have a virtual host called *allmyjokes.com* and I want
> all calls to *allmyjokes.com* to call the ZServer and Zope, how do I
> configure this in such a way that a client can click, for example,
> http://AllMyJokes.com/ and be redirected to
> http://TheWebsons.com:8080/allmyjokes/ with it being transparent to the
> client? Do I do this in the <Directory> container or in the <VirtualHost>
> container? The latter makes more sense to me, and hence the confusion.

i use the <VirtalHost> directive to do the ProxyPass-ing as
instructed in the how-to. Works just fine. You can pass to _any_
subfolder in your zope hierarchy you want. Do it in the
<VirtualHost> for *allmyjokes.com* and it should work just
fine...

btw: remember you have to enable "mod_proxy" elsewhere in the apache
configs for this to work...

hth,
--
charlie blanchard