[Zope] ZServer Must Be Continually Re-Started

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 20:21:26 -0400

I can try to help, but I'm not sure where to start.

First of all, when you say ZServer quits on you, do you mean that Zope
stops running?  Is there an error?

What platform are you running on?

Do you have debug logging turned on?  (ie. do you have the
STUPID_LOG_FILE environment variable set up)?  If so, is there anything
in the log?

I'm afraid it'll be too slow for us to trade "do this, then do that"
messages to troubleshoot this problem, so hopefully you'll be able to
(over the next few days):

- turn on debug logging (look for STUPID_LOG_FILE).  Look at the log and
see if anything is in there when a quit happens.

- try to establish a pattern for the quits (time of day, heavy load,
after a method is run, etc.)

- get any other information related to the Zope process on the machine
at quit time (is there a core file?  is the process still running when
ZServer 'quits' or does it actually go away?)

Please report back any findings to the list.  Thanks!

HTH,

- C