[Zope] Postgres and transactions

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Fri, 11 May 2001 16:57:21 +1200

I'm attempting to use a ZSQL method to create a new user in a postgresql=20
database (in the CREATE USER... sense), using Popy and postgres 7.0. The=20
problem is that CREATE USER throws an error if you use it inside an expli=
cit=20
transaction. So:=20

Does any know how to explicity turn off transactions for a particular ZSQ=
L=20
method?

Do any of the other postgresql adapters work any better? (I'd test them, =
but=20
I've had build troubles with the others.)

Can I get away with just inserting the appropriate data into pg_user or i=
s=20
CREATE USER doing some other magic?

I'd be grateful for any clues anyone has.

John