[Zope] listservs, forums and Zope...

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Fri, 11 May 2001 08:56:32 +0200

From: "Barry A. Warsaw" <barry@digicool.com

>=20
> Really, the grand plan for Mailman 3.0 is to sort of turn it inside
> out, so that it's a package of functionality that can be plugged into
> all sorts of other frameworks.  Then there'll probably be a "Mailman
> classic" framework so that you can continue run it standalone if you
> want.
>=20
> Don't ask me when that'll happen, I've no idea.  First I need to get
> the current 2.1 code base out of alpha so that there's a solid
> internationalized Mailman release (with, of course, lots of other
> wizzy new features :).
>=20

I'd be very interested in looking into this, but I need some hints on =
where to start looking. Is there a description of how mailman works =
internally or is it just a question of finding tiume to "user the =
source, Luke"? Specifically, I'd like to start by getting users from a =
SQL database, and being able to dynamically changes what lists a user =
belongs to.

This I need to couple to users, groups and roles in zope.

Any hints?

/dario