[Zope] [ANN] ZShell 0.7

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Fri, 11 May 2001 15:17:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

you can download ZShell 0.7 from

	http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome/zshell

ZShell is an external Zope method which allows you to
manipulate the ZODB using standard unix shell's commands
from within Zope's Management Interface in your web browser.

It's a very powerful tool which can possibly destroy your
ZODB's contents when not used correctly: You've been warned.

Actually no security assertion is made in some methods, which
are: restart, shutdown, lrole and pack. Other methods will
work or exit with a message, depending on your current privileges.

Actually 47 commands similar to that of a standard Unix shell are
recognized (only 38 Work, the last 9 are only skeletons, see below)

New features:

- Command mkuf added.

- Skeleton for commands added:
	suckfs, find, locate, replace, grep, passwd,
        domains, roles, history
  Just for people to know what will happen one day ;-)

- Some code commented out in the hope to finally solve
  the problem many have encountered (except me !)

- Commands that don't need shell expansion mechanism
  don't use it anymore.

- A bug when using a zshell.css stylesheet was corrected.

- about command output changed.

Please report any problem you may encounter because I think the bug many
encountered is now closed thanks to Godefroid Chapelle, but I really want
to be sure to reactivate some other parts I've deactivated temporarily.

Thanks in advance.

Jerome Alet - alet@unice.fr