[Zope] xmlrpc slowness

magnus/Websys@websys.no magnus/Websys@websys.no
Fri, 11 May 2001 17:06:52 +0200

We're busy developing an application that uses Zope for its presentation
layer.  To communicate with the 'business logic' Java layer, we use xml-rpc
with Zope as the client.

It works fine, but seems to be slightly slow.  Each and every xml-rpc
transaction takes appx. 3/10 of a second.  I have installed sgmlop, and that
improved matters (from 7/10 of a second) - can anyone suggest how to make
further improvements?

I haven't done any real testing, but most of the time seems to be spent on the
Zope side, the xml-rpc handling in Java is pretty quick.

-Magnus